Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Gen 7 Ch 8: Picture-perfect



After much research, Grace and Jamey had finally decided on the newly opened Buckshot Shotgun Wedding Park as the perfect venue for their special day.


With the help of her aunts and cousins, Grace had spent hours getting ready. They'd pinned her hair up, applied her makeup and carefully positioned flower arrangements, all in accordance with Grace's meticulously curated wedding simterest board.

Everything was exactly the way she'd always imagined.


Except for one thing...


Grace had been holding out until the very last minute before she finally agreed for her cousin to step in as maid of honor. Now she sat in the pastel-colored room, all ready to go, knowing that everyone outside was anxiously waiting for the bride to appear so the wedding ceremony could finally begin.

Just a few more minutes, Grace told herself, maybe she'll show up after all...

She knew it was pointless--the few letters Gloria had sent had been nothing short of discouraging and the wedding invitation hadn't even received a reply. Still, something deep inside Grace wouldn't give up hope.


She stared at the bouquet on the dresser in front of her. It was beautiful, its reflection in the mirror showing a perfect twin. Yet my twin isn't here, she thought glumly.

Muffled by the soft carpet, the sound of footsteps drew closer. That had to be aunt Faye, coming to complain once again that everyone was waiting for Grace. She sighed.



The footsteps stopped and Grace looked up at the reflection in the mirror, expecting to see her aunt's impatient face again. But instead there was--


"GLORIA," Grace shrieked and lunged at her twin sister, wrapping her in a huge hug. "You came!"

Grace kept her hands on Gloria's shoulders, not wanting to let go as she leaned back to look her sister up and down. "Gloria, you look amazing!"


Gloria laughed as she disentangled herself gently. "No, you look amazing! Look at you, all dressed up like a fairy tale princess. I can't believe you're getting married!"

"I'm so happy you got the invitation," Grace said. "I almost thought you didn't..."


Gloria's shoulders slumped. "Look, Grace, I read your letters and..."

"And I read your replies." Grace was still smiling. She was used to putting on a brave face, but the look in her eyes betrayed just how much her feelings had been hurt.


"Yeah, I figured." Gloria bit her lip. "Grace, I just need to tell you... those letters, that--that wasn’t me. Please forget all of that, okay? It wasn't--you shouldn't..." Gloria paused, then took a deep breath before continuing to speak. "You're my best friend and I love you. I hope you know that."


"I always knew that," Grace said softly. "I'm so glad you're feeling better though. So you're done with that place for good?"

"For good."

"That's amazing," Grace beamed. "You need to tell me everything!"


"No time," Gloria said with a laugh. "We can talk later. But now we've got to hurry--you're about to get married!"

Grace's eyes grew wide with excitement. "I'm about to get married," she squealed.


*

The ceremony was, of course, absolutely perfect.










Even after the sun had set and the twinkling lights on the pond had to compete with the stars in the sky, the celebrations were still in full swing.


Freddie wasn't exactly sure how it had happened, but as the night went on, found himself slow dancing with Larissa.

After Freddie had trodden on her toes for the third time, Larissa had taken the lead and was now whirling him around the dance floor.

"See? It's easy," she grinned. "Just keep your eyes on me and do what I'm doing."

Larissa counted the steps with the rhythm, making Freddie copy her, but he kept messing up the order. Larissa chuckled at his dejected look. "Aw, Freddie. Why the long face? Sure, you're a terrible dancer, but that's nothing to be so sad about."

"No, it's not that," Freddie mumbled,  "I've just got a lot of stuff on my mind today, I guess."

Larissa smiled understandingly. "Bummed about losing your little girl? Yeah, I don't know what I'll do when my Pat gets married one day... they'll always be our babies, right?"

Fred shook his head no. "I'm happy for Grace," he said. "Jamey is cool, I guess, and she likes him, so that's cool. It's just that... Well, I know I'm not supposed to be thinking about that right now because it's kind of selfish or whatever, but the thing is... I never got to have any of this, you know?" Freddie furrowed his brow, struggling to formulate his thoughts. "I don't mean a wedding, not necessarily, just... someone who'll be there with me, always. I feel like I've been waiting for... something... to happen, but it never did. And while I was waiting, time just kind of flew by. And now it's too late and I'll never have... this."


As Fred spoke, Larissa had gradually stopped swaying, almost causing Freddie to step on her toes again. She regained her rhythm quickly, however. "But what if it's not too late," she asked. "What if you can still have it?"

Freddie stared at her blankly. Larissa exhaled slowly, trying to calm her nerves. This was tough, but now was not the time for subtlety.


"What if you can have it with me," she augmented. "I always liked you, Freddie. I think we can make this work. You and me, together. What do you think?"


Freddie blinked, confused. Then, slowly, realization dawned on him. "That... that sounds nice," he smiled.



And finally, Freddie managed to move along with Larissa's rhythm.

*


Cheeks still flushed from all the dancing, the bride had finally managed to excuse herself from the festivities to corner her sister.


"Tell me everything," Grace demanded excitedly.

Gloria sighed and bit her lip. She had been aching for this moment for so long, but now that it was here, she didn't know what to do.


So much had happened. They were things that Gloria had yet to fully process herself, things she still couldn't quite explain. Deceit, violence, murder and... strange apparitions...

Gloria had been through hell and back and had longed to reveal the truth behind everything. But now, as Grace stood before her, so beautiful in her perfect gown, just married and so utterly happy, Gloria knew it was not the time.

Grace would blame herself, which was the last thing that Gloria wanted right now. There was no one to blame, nothing good to accomplish by dwelling on it. It was time to move on.


Gloria cleared her throat. "There was some... tough stuff I had to get through and, well," she paused, fidgeting with her fingers. "Sometimes it seemed like there was no way out. But it's over and I'd rather not talk about it now." Or ever, she added silently.


"You're right," Grace allowed. "There's plenty of time for you to tell me more when we get home. Oh, I can't wait for you to see how we remodeled the house! I kept your room exactly the way it was, but we'll need to redecorate it of course! You're not a teenager anymore after all. It'll be so much fun! You could even pick a different room--you should, actually. One of the bigger ones! What about the one on the third floor..."


Gloria smiled as her sister chattered on and steeled herself for what had to come next. "Actually, Grace," she began, "I wasn't planning on coming back to live at home." Grace looked confused, but Gloria continued. "I really want to travel for a while, to see the world, you know? I think it'd do me good to follow through on some of the things I always told myself I'd do one day."

"That sounds amazing," Grace gushed. "Ohmyplumbob, that place we saw in that movie--Love and Truffles, remember? We always said we'd go there together one day!"

"Yeah, Monte Vista. It's on my list. And I'd really love for you to come, but--"


"But I..." Grace cut in, following her sister's thought. "I just..."


"But you just got married," Gloria finished, smiling. "And if you're going anywhere right now, it should be on a honeymoon."


"Yeah, I suppose so," Grace mumbled. "But... now that you're back... well, not back, since you're not staying--" Grace fumbled for words, uncharacteristically insecure. "I just wanted to spend some time with you."


"We'll visit Monte Vista together another time," Gloria offered. "Who knows, maybe I can even show you around then!"

"That--that sounds amazing," Grace breathed.


Grace could tell there was nothing to be done. Gloria's mind was made up. She looked determined and--most importantly--happy. It was a joy to see. Grace would not try and stop her.


"You're still my best friend," Grace said, fighting the tears as she hugged her sister goodbye.

"Forever," Gloria confirmed.







Grace's heart was filled to bursting with happiness. Could life get any better?





____________________

And while Grace starts her new life as a happily married sim, Gloria is off on an adventure of her own! That's right, I just can't leave the poor girl alone. You can see what she gets up to in her very own Wishacy: My Way.


Here's what Gene did autonomously during all the dancing, btw:


Weddings aren't really his thing.

18 comments:

  1. Aw, I'm sad the sisters don't talk, even if it was the wrong moment. :( It feels like they're growing apart.

    Yay Freddie and Larissa! I forget, what happened to Dereck? x.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're spot on, as usual. The reunion would have probably looked different if not for the wedding... Jamey just ruins everything :p

      Oh, I only vaguely mentioned that she and Dereck broke up in that chapter where Freddie brought a toy for Larissa's baby and ended up playing with it himself. Larissa's relationships kind of came and went all the time; it was tough to keep up :/

      Delete
  2. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! The sisters are reunited and it feels so good! And I know it won't last, but for right now I'm enjoying it.

    Everything about the wedding looks perfect except for the groom. (:

    D'aww and Freddie gets someone, too! And I much prefer Larissa to Jamey. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twin sisters need to be together <3 Too bad the rolls don't allow Gloria to stay D:

      I'm loving your Jamey hate XD I was going to have him give Gloria a backhanded compliment, but then I figured people dislike him enough already 8D

      Random fact that doesn't really matter: Larissa is actually Jamey's aunt!

      Delete
  3. Grace is so adorable. It's a little sad that they have distance between them now, but I guess that's how life goes.

    UGH can't get over Jamey though. This is so akin to real life, watching friends and acquaintances marry... turds...

    He's not *that* bad I guess...

    Freddie made me a little sad. I miss Charity, I don't know why I liked her so much. Does that mean we are never seeing her again? ;_;

    Such feels. So glad Gloria's adventures are continuing, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, turds XD Made me lol. But the wedding was so perfect--how could the marriage be anything less than that? ;)

      Ah, Charity... it'd be pretty sad if she never showed up again, wouldn't it?

      This reply turned out pretty... cryptic XD I'm sorry, I'm trying not to spoil things!!

      Delete
  4. Man I am out of the loop on what a Wishacy is, but it looks cute in concept. i liked all the personal drama this time around (still gotta catch up in all honesty!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a wishacy you're only allowed to direct your sim based on their wishes - the full rules are here: http://buckeygirl80.blogspot.com/p/intro-and-rules.html
      It's a nice change of pace from playing a RLC where things are planned out so far ahead (well, at least for me).

      The main drama here is that Jamey has proven to be a bit of a jerk in the past, but Grace is oblivious/blinded by love. That's why everyone here hates him XD

      Freddie has been waiting for Charity, Grace and Gloria's mother, to return from wherever she went. Larissa always liked Freddie since they were kids, but he's a dope so he had no idea XD

      Delete
  5. It was so nice to see Grace and Gloria back together, even if it was just for a short while. Finally Larissa and Freddie did something about it. God, he's so slow.

    It was a really perfect wedding. Even if I agree with Gene; fishing toads beats weddings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freddie is so slow, but luckily Larissa doesn't mind taking the lead! :D

      Delete
  6. Um, the true love story here is obviously the sisterly love, like in Frozen. :D I'm impressed with Gloria knowing how her sister would feel about the full story and sparing her. They may have grown apart, but that doesn't mean they don't really love each other.

    Grace looked so gorgeous, and honestly if Jamey really makes her happy who am I to stay mad at him??? Until he says something annoying again, of course.

    Even Larissa and Freddie are pairing off. I'm glad Larissa finally realized Freddie wouldn't pick up her hints and just decided to tell him straightforward. Of course Gene is back there ruining it with fishing. xD

    But I miss Charity, too! ;_; I wonder what would happen if she came back now that Freddie and Larissa are together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly! Wow, they actually ARE kind of like Anna and Elsa, aren't they? I'm accidentally ripping off Frozen here :D

      Thank you, yes, I meant for it to be nice and strong of Gloria to want to spare Grace the pain. They really love each other, it's just that life is sending them down different paths now.

      Finally Larissa gets what she always wanted! And Freddie gets someone too :) Gene is not the romantic type, lol.

      Aw, that would probably break Charity's heart :(

      Delete
  7. YAAAAAY Gloria!!!!!! Finally! This chapter was so sweet, and that wedding venue is gorgeous!
    *resumes busily catching up* :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, long time no see! Thank you so much for reading and commenting :D

      Delete
  8. I'm busy playing catch-up, but I had to stop to comment on how beautiful this chapter is. <3 When Gloria walked in I literally squealed. I'm so glad the sisters got to have a good reunion. Also, there are a couple of sentences in this chapter that's just absolutely gorgeous. But the one about Freddie finally managing to move along with Larissa's rhythm was my absolute favourite. That was really well said. <3

    Righto, on to the next chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that is so sweet of you to say ;_; And thank you for taking the time to catch up - it's a great reminder that I still have yours to catch up on too (which is great, because I kind of ran out of fun new stuff to read)!

      Delete
  9. Ok, so I just found this legacy and I was going to wait until I finished it to comment, but then...

    "And finally, Freddie managed to move along to Larissa's rhythm."

    THAT SENTENCE. It's just so perfect. I love it when authors write sentences with double meanings (I'm not great at it myself, but I love reading other people's), and that one was almost too perfect. You're an amazing writer.

    And now, back to reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the sweet comment! That really made my day <3 Thanks for reading and I hope you have fun with the rest of this legacy (and the chapters that are yet to come!)

      Delete